Welcoming You Back
We are extremely excited to welcome guests back to Costa Rica and to our Villa Perezoso! We are thrilled to resume doing what we love: helping to create amazing memories for visitors from all over the world. The well-being of our guests and team members is of the utmost importance. We have always held our service staff to the highest standard of sanitation and hygiene practices, and our commitment to cleanliness remains our top priority to ensure the health and safety of our guests, our staff, and our community.
In response to Covid-19, we have taken additional sanitation measures to guarantee our practices align with expert protocols provided by global and local health authorities. Furthermore, we continue to closely monitor health authority guidelines and make changes or updates to our practices as needed.
Our Commitment to Cleanliness
We take standards for hygiene and cleanliness very seriously and are taking additional steps to ensure the safety of our guests and team members. Our health and safety measures include the following:
- Compliance with all local guidelines related to COVID-19
- All team members have been trained on our new protocols
- Utilization of cleaning & disinfecting agents that kill the COVID-19 virus as well as 99.9% of other bacteria and viruses.
- Face coverings required as part of uniforms for all team members
- Hand Sanitizer Stations
- Signage throughout public spaces on cleanliness, social distancing, and hand hygiene
- Limiting team member room entry during stay (housekeeping, in-room dining)
- Additional cleaning and attention to all flat surfaces, switches, door knobs, remote controls, telephones, faucets and fixtures
Costa Rica Entry Requirements
There are several requirements for tourists entering Costa Rica at this time. These requirements are being continuously updated, so we recommend you verify with your travel agent or government authority in advance of travel. This information is to serve as a guideline per current requirements as mandated by the government of Costa Rica.
- Epidemiological Health Pass Form: Complete the form at: https://salud.go.cr.
- Proof of Residency from Authorized Countries
- Traveler’s Medical Insurance: The policy can be international or purchased in Costa Rica. If the policy has international coverage, it must contain the following conditions:
- Written certification issued in English or Spanish
- Effectiveness of the policy during the visit to Costa Rica
- Guaranteed coverage of medical expenses in the event of becoming ill with the pandemic COVID-19 disease while in Costa Rica, for at least USD $50,000 (fifty thousand United States Dollars).
- Includes minimum coverage of USD $2,000 for lodging expenses issues due to the pandemic.
Local coverage is offered currently through two providers, the national insurance agency or a private company. If you obtain local coverage, international coverage is not required. Information about the policies offered can be found here.
- Sagicor Private Authorized Insurance: www.sagicor.cr/seguro_para_turistas/
- National Insurance Agency: www.grupoins.com/seguroparaviajeros
Other Important Travel Items
Some other important things to be aware of for travel to Costa Rica is that upon landing in-country, travelers must wear face protection and comply with the protocols of the air terminal with regard to physical distancing, disinfection of carpets, taking temperature readings, and any other sanitary instructions. Both the San José (SJO) and Liberia Airports (LIR) have been working hard to make the welcoming of tourists safe, and as easy and stress-free as possible, so visitors can feel confident while travelling to Costa Rica.
Aside from entry requirements, Costa Rica has re-opened all outdoor tourist activities, such as ziplining, national parks, surfing, jet skiing, white water rafting, sunset tours, waterfall tours, yoga, pilates and paddle boarding as well as much more! Some of these activities offer private options for your group.
Updated Reservation Cancellation Policies
Due to Covid-19 and until further notice, all reservations can be changed and postponed for up to 12 months (or 18 months for some villas) from your original date of arrival with no change or cancellation fees. Guests that change their current reservation will be issued a credit towards their future stay in the amount that was paid toward their selected villa. We are not able to issue refunds and we do require written notification of any cancellation requests, so please email us. (link to email@example.com)
For more information related to COVID or travel in Costa Rica, please contact us. We are looking forward to seeing you back in paradise soon!